We’re very excited to announce our first guest episode in English! As we’re in the middle of the festive holiday season, Linda & Chris (our special guest) openly share their experience as an international and interracial couple living in the States, especially about spending holidays with each other’s families. From the biggest culture shock moment to the lessons learned the hard way, Linda & Chris have been diligently working on open and honest communications to understand each other’s struggles and cultural differences over the 13 years since they got together. Can you relate to their story? Let us know which part resonates the most. We’d love to hear from you as well!
(04:21) The biggest culture shock moment
(21:21) Linda & Chris’ holiday rituals & plans for this year
(36:27) Tips for international & interracial couples
[Mentioned in This Episode]
- The Korean big bow: In the traditional way of celebrating the new year in Korea, the family members perform big bows to the elderly and in return receive blessings and pocket money in an envelope. This performative tradition is called “Keun-jeol” (큰절) or “Sebae” (세배).
- Listen to our holiday episode released last year: Episode 2 (recorded in Korean)
[More on American K-sisters]
- Website: AmericanKsisters.com
- Instagram: @AmericanKsisters
- YouTube: YouTube.com/@AmericanKsisters
- Email: AmericanKsisters@gmail.com
- Music: MissChristineMusic.com